Study in New Zealand
New Zealand is a traveler’s paradise. The country is known for its scenic pristine beauty and outdoor activities. Over the years New Zealand has emerged to be one of the leading choices for students when it comes to overseas education. Various academic, professional, and vocational courses are available at different levels – university, private institutions, and polytechnics.
State of the art infrastructure, safe and peaceful society, and virtuous education system, New Zealand has everything to offer. Whether your interest is in science, management, hospitality, or arts, one can find a course as per their interest and liking among the many universities of New Zealand. Students from various parts of the world head to New Zealand for higher education making it a cultural hub.
The education standards are high but the cost of living and education fee is much lesser than what a student would pay in US or any European country. These are two strong factors that make New Zealand a highly lucrative choice for overseas education.
- Bachelors Degree – 3- 4 years
- Masters Degree – 1 – 2 years
- PhD – 3 years
- Tuition Fee – 12, 000 to 30, 000 NZD per annum
- Cost of living – 600 to 800 NZD per month
- Entry Requirements - IELTS 6.0 Band for undergraduate courses and IELTS 6.5 Band for post graduate courses
New Zealand also offers Diploma, Advance Diploma, Graduate Certificate, and Graduate Diploma courses.
Diploma,Graduate Certificates & Graduate Diplomas at Colleges
NZ$ 12,000 - NZ$ 19,000 per year
Undergraduate –,Colleges & Universities
NZ$ 18,000 - NZ$ 28,000,per year
Postgraduate –,Masters at Universities
NZ$ 24,000 - NZ$ 32,000,per year
Life in New Zealand
Life in New Zealand is full of fun and adventures. Outside the college gates there is a whole new world for students to explore. The country is renowned for its outdoor sports and recreational activities. Students should make the most of their time and visit the popular tourist attractions in and around the city they are living. The people are warm and friendly which makes New Zealand a perfect destination for students. Students can choose between on campus accommodation and off campus accommodation.
The university authorities take extra care of the interests and needs of international students. Thus, international students are safe in New Zealand. Various youth festivals are organized throughout the year which gives students a great platform to learn about new cultures and healthy exchange of ideas. Students are allowed to work part time for a fixed number of hours to support their overhead expenses.
Benefits of studying in New Zealand
The cost of living and the tuition fee in New Zealand is less compared to any US or British university. But at no point will the students have to make a compromise on education quality. The education system is updated with new technologies and teaching methodologies to make sure that the students get the best of education.
The focus is on overall development, thus, great stress is laid upon co-curricular activities. Research is also an integral part of the curriculum. A lot of government and private universities support funding of students in the form of scholarship and sponsorships. The ultra modern and contemporary society is an added benefit of studying in New Zealand.
New Zealand degree is recognized and valued the world over. Students get to choose from a wide variety of courses in various subjects. Apart from degree courses, various industry and occupation based vocational studies and training programs are also offered by New Zealand education system.
University List to Study in New Zealand
- AUT University
- Lincoln University
- Massey University
- The University of Auckland
- The University of Canterbury
- The University of Otego
- The University of Waikato
- Victoria University of Wellington
Polytechnics in NZ
- Aoraki Polytechnic
- Bay Of Plenty Polytechnic
- Christchurch Polytechnic Institute of Technology
- Eastern Institute of Technology, Hawke's Bay
- Mahurangi Technical Institute
- Manukau Institute of Technology
- Nelson Marlborough Institute of Technology
- Otago Polytechnic
- Southern Institute of Technology - Zero Fees English
- Tai Poutini Polytechnic
- The Open Polytechnic of New Zealand
- Unitec New Zealand
- Universal College of Learning (UCOL)
- Waiariki Institute of Technology
- Waikato Institute of Technology (Wintec)
- Wellington Institute of Technology
- Western Institute of Technology at Taranaki (WITT)
- Whitireia New Zealand
Private Training Providers in NZ
- Abacus Institute of Studies
- Academy of Diving Trust
- ACE Computer Training Ltd
- ACG - Academic Colleges Group
- Air New Zealand Aviation Institute
- AIS St Helens (Auckland Institute of Studies Limited)
- AMES I.T. Academy
- Ardmore Flying School Ltd
- Avon more Tertiary Institute
- AWI - International Education Group
- Canterbury Sports Management College
- Crown Institute of Studies
- DAS Training Solutions Limited
- Design and Arts College of New Zealand
- Eagle Flight Training Ltd
- Electec College of Technology